Friday, April 9, 2010

Another calendar sympathy card

I made another sympathy card from the same calendar page as yesterday's card.



I silhouetted the roses again, mounted them onto the same green slightly-patterned paper, and then mounted all that onto a cream card base (5x5"). I accidentally stamped the sentiment crooked the first time (thankfully it was Versamark and not black ink). So I stamped the sentiment onto vellum instead and cut it out (with Nestabilities Labels 1) to layer over the mistake. It worked beautifully!

Speaking of working beautifully, let me share a little tip that escaped me until this week. I've been searching for a great white ink. I wanted something opaque and strong, unlike anything I've ever found in the stores. So while I was browsing in Michaels on Monday, I happened to notice a white embossing powder. Why didn't I think of this sooner?? I got the "Detail White" since I usually want the detail, and it works beautifully. I just use Versamark ink, add the white embossing powder, and I get perfect results every time.

I know, I know. Probably everyone else in the craft world knew that already. But just in case you're like me and hadn't figured it out before, now you know! :)

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

You have 101 ideas for recycling! Great tip on the white embossing powder --- I got some last year and I LOVE it! It's also great to use on dark cardstock -- it really pops against those dark blue/green/purple/black papers!

Headmistress, zookeeper said...

That is a beautiful card. You are so creative.

 
;