Friday, April 2, 2010

Beach-Themed Pedestal Bowl

Here is the margarita-glass-based pedestal bowl I made for my sister-in-law, who recently redecorated her bedroom in a beach theme. Yes, I was really itching to make this and ran right out to buy the supplies! :)

I started out with this margarita glass ($1 from Dollar Tree) and filled it with small seashells I got in a bag at Michaels ($1.80 for the bag, with leftovers). Here is that step:



Then I added another of these 7" glass bowls ($1 from Dollar Tree) to the top with E6000 glue:



And it turned out like this:



And here's a bird's-eye-view to get the full effect:



I think she's going to like it! I debated whether to add sand, but then I thought you'd notice the seashells better without it.

It cost me $3.80, and I still have some shells leftover to make something else with. Not bad for a 9"-tall pedestal bowl!

4 comments:

Jill said...

I love this idea & ideas of using dollar store items!
Thanks for sharing!
~ Jill

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Cool idea!! And you got linked on the Dollar Tree facebook page~! :)

Heather

Unknown said...

I really like this idea. How do you think it would look if you put sand in the bottom section and the shells in the top?

Christa said...

I love the idea of sand in the bottom and shells in the top! I may have to try it sometime. :) The added bonus, of course, is that you could use some of the lovely BIG shells out there.

 
;