Thursday, August 26, 2010

A true friend remembers your birthday ...

... and just in case any of my true friends need a reminder, tomorrow is my birthday! ;) (Just kidding, but it really is my birthday tomorrow.)

I had so much fun making this card! It's a little more dimensional than I usually make, but I love these roses so much I just had to use them on a card.



Supplies: stamps (Cloud 9 Designs); ink (SU! Rose Red); paper (Making Memories); Nestabilities scallop circles large; CB corner die; MS lace edger punch and branch punch; rose quartz Stickles; dimensional pearl paint.

This is in my Esty shop, in case you're interested.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

WOW! That card is absolutely gorgeous! Love those colors, roses, and ALL those little details! Great job!

Anonymous said...

awe, i follow your blog, happy birthday today is my birthday!!

Anonymous said...

i follow your blog and commented regarding your blessing of your basketball court. happy birthday, today is my birthday!

Christa said...

Happy birthday to you, too, then! :) August 27th seems to be a pretty popular birthday. I've had four friends/acquaintances that share my same birthday (different years).

Anonymous said...

Great card! That's funny about the age part, lol. Being a pastor's wife and a follower of Christ, how do you make it okay for a this hobby to be part of your life with out it over running it? I struggle with this and hope you had some answers. How long do you actually spend crafting?

Christa said...

Hmmm ... How long do I spend crafting? It really depends. I do most of my crafting at night, since my family all need more sleep than I do. I'd say I average about two hours a day, since that's about how much time I get at night.

That being said, it is a delicate balance with being the pastor's wife, homeschooling (now two) kids, and keeping up with the house. I try my best to keep the balance, but I do think everyone's time allotment will be different.

Personally, I need this creative outlet to keep my sanity! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I agree with you. I believe that i need time for myself. I'm always putting others needs before mine and when I see a Sister in Christ, especially in crafts and hobbies like this, it encourages me that it's okay to do it. Always striving to include God in every aspect of my life. Glory to God.

 
;