Friday, April 23, 2010

Decorative Travel Mug

I picked up a "design your own" travel mug at Dollar Tree the other day. I had made some of these before, but it was before I branched out of scrapbooking much. So I saw this one and knew I wanted to make a cute one for my Secret Sister.



Now before I go any further, please understand that this is not an insulated travel mug. If you go looking for them at your Dollar Tree, I don't want you to be disappointed. They are simply a cute, decorative way to take a drink along with you while you're out and about. They work best with cold drinks since you can simply add ice to keep it colder longer.

Anyway, here's my super-simple, less-than-5-minutes makeover:



I simply pulled out a piece of decorative scrapbook paper, used the insert as a cutting guide, and inserted it into the mug. (It screws off.) This was the easiest project I've done in a long time.

And in case you're wondering why I chose this paper, I have two reasons. First of all, my Secret Sister likes blue. And secondly, the little tab at the top has a bit of blue on it that matches quite well:



I hope she likes it as much as I do! :) I think I might even make some of these for my kids since they like to have their own personalized things and they're always eyeing our travel mugs when we go on a road trip.

0 comments:

 
;