Thursday, April 15, 2010

Damask Sticker Cards #1

I loved those Heidi Swapp damask stickers I got at Tuesday Morning last week, so I just had to sit down and see what I could make with them.

This first card was my first attempt at using them, and I'm not thrilled with it ... but it's a card and it's not crooked or anything, so it counts. :)



Supplies: paper (The Paper Company); sticker (Heidi Swapp damask); Labels 8 Nestabilities; MS PATP Iron Gate border punch; CB Textiles embossing folder; dew drops.

I didn't know where to start, so I got my color combination from a color challenge over at Splitcoaststampers. Sorry, but it didn't do anything for me once it all came together ...

But that's okay because the cards that follow more than made up for it, and if it just got my creative juices going, it was worth the time.



Supplies: paper (The Paper Company); sticker (Heidi Swapp damask); MS PATP Iron Gate border and corner punches; black satin ribbon.

I started with this one. I got the idea to mat the sticker onto pink, cut it into three sections, and separate them just enough that the white frame behind it would show through. I really, really liked the effect! All I added after that was a bow, and it was finished.

I liked that so well that I decided to try it with each of the sticker colors. So that brings us to the white damask stickers ...



Supplies: paper (The Paper Company); sticker (Heidi Swapp damask); MS PATP Iron Gate border and corner punches; pink satin ribbon.

The only things I changed were (1) black paper for the backing and (2) pink ribbon for the bow.

Wow! I got another card that I love, so I tried the pink damask sticker ...



Supplies: paper (Making Memories, The Paper Company); sticker (Heidi Swapp damask); MS PATP Iron Gate border and corner punch; pink satin ribbon.

The only things I changed here were (1) the color of the sticker and (2) the color of the frame.

I just love these three cards! They could go just about any direction I need (except maybe a masculine birthday).

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

My favorite one is the pink one! I love pink and black together! Very pretty cards!

 
;