Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Glittery Leaf Birthday

I got this clear leaf Martha Stewart stamp set at Ollie's last week for $1.29, and I wanted to make something with it. This isn't what you probably think of when you think of leaves, but the card just kind of evolved to this glittery creation. :)

Here is the clearest picture:



And here is the picture where you can see how it sparkles (although the picture is a bit blurry):



Supplies: stamps (MS Leaf and Branch stamps, Inkadinkado sentiment); paper (The Paper Company); ink (Versamark combined with white embossing powder and green embossing glitter); Nestabilities Labels 1 and 8; CB Swiss Dots embossing folder; MS leaf punch; silk flower; white pearl dimensional paint (for flower center).

I started out with the brown panel embossed with white leaves. Then I thought it would be a little more interesting if I cut it into a shape, so I used my Nestabilities Labels 8. Then I decided to emboss it with my Swiss Dots folder. Once I put it on a black cardfront, I thought it looked a little plain, so I got the idea to use the green embossing glitter around the edges. Then I needed green somewhere else on the card to pull it together, so I accented my sentiment with punched and glittered leaves and a silk flower.

You see, it sort of took on a life of its own. :) But I like it!

0 comments:

 
;