Wednesday, April 7, 2010

This year's Hot Cross Buns packaging

Today would usually be the day that my friend and I post our challenges, but we're going to a bi-weekly schedule on those through the summer, since our schedules get pretty crazy from here on out.

So today I thought I'd share the packaging for this year's Hot Cross Buns. Last year was my first year to give these out to my Sunday school class, and they were very well-received! I've found that most people have never eaten Hot Cross Buns, and most of them decide they're delicious! :) (If you're wondering, I would describe them like raisin bread with icing. YUM!)

Anyway, this year I had a lot of other things to do, so I didn't recreate the boxes from scratch. Instead, I used these small takeout boxes I had gotten really cheap at a thrift store sometime within the past year. I lined them with parchment paper, added a Hot Cross Bun, and then decorated the outside of the box.



I used a mixture of clear and rubber Studio G stamps from last year. The sentiments are from the clear set, and the cross was a rubber stamp. Of course, I used my scallop circle Nesties for the purple part. The yellow ink is SU Yo Yo Yellow. Oh, and the scallop part is popped off the box with dimensionals.

The top of the box looked awfully bland, but I didn't have a lot of time, so here's what I did:



I added a yellow Prima-like flower, topped it with an "iced" purple Prima, and then finished it off with a clear dew drop in the center. It was just what it needed!

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Very pretty! Anyone would be happy to receive such a nicely packaged and delicious gift!

 
;