Monday, April 26, 2010

More Scrap Quilt Cards

I had some leftover frames from cutting the rose cards I featured on Tuesday, so I saved them and made some more quilt cards with tiny scraps from my scrap paper bins.

First is a purple version:



I used scraps of the embroidery-look paper I featured on my coaster card in last week's Wednesday challenge.

Then I made a pink one:



The decorative paper is a scrap of Creative Memories paper (1x12") I've had in my scrap file for several years. I was glad that this beautiful paper didn't have to be thrown out.

And lastly is a blue version:



The floral paper is leftover from a year or so ago when I made notecards for my nieces. The paper isn't my style at all, but I found that I actually liked it when I cut it up and toned it down with another paper.

These cards are so much fun!

5 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I really like quilt cards --- the blue one is my favorite today!

Rhonda said...

really pretty - I like the quilt look.

And I did a blog post with pictures from the stamp assortment I got at Tuesday Morning if you want to see them.

Christa said...

Rhonda - Thanks! I'll go check it out! :)

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Hi Sophia,
I wanted to answer the question you had about the flip flops on my blog but couldn't find any other way to contact you...I wrapped ribbon around the strap and glued it in place and then hot glued the daisy to the ribbon. My 6 year wore them to school and played outside in them and the daisy stayed attached. They were a bit dirty but still on there! By the way, love your blog!

Christa said...

Thanks for the reply! I thought my e-mail was linked up with my Google account ... I'll have to look into that! :)

 
;