Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Rose Letter Cards

My friend gave me this stamp for Christmas, and I've been wanting to do something with it ever since. I was a little intimidated by it, though, because it's an all-in-one stamp -- the background is actually part of the same stamp.

But I decided that it was high time I did something with it, so I got it out and stamped it several times on cream cardstock to see what I could make with it. I ended up with three cards that I absolutely love (I only colored three images), so I thought I'd share them with you today.

I combined them with this retired PSX sentiment since the background is a handwritten letter. I thought the sentiment was especially appropriate!



Supplies: stamp (main image by Stamp Happens, sentiment by PSX); ink (SU! Rose Red, SU! Basic Black, Versamark, BIC Mark-Its); paper (The Paper Company, vellum unknown); Nestabilities Labels 8; CB Textiles embossing folder; homemade pearl brads.

I colored the first one with my BIC markers. I like the bold look it gives, and how well it stands out from the background.



Supplies: stamps (Stamp Happens, PSX); ink (SU! Basic Black, SU! Rose Red, Versamark, Marvy markers); paper (The Paper Company, Making Memories, vellum unknown); Nestabilities Labels 8; CB Textiles embossing folder; regular office brads.

I colored the next one with my dye-based Marvy Markers. I was surprised at how well it came out! It's not as intense as the one I colored with BIC markers, but it's a nice effect.



Supplies: stamps (Stamps Happen, PSX); ink (SU! Basic Black, SU! Rose Red, Versamark); paper (The Paper Company, recycled book page, vellum unknown); Nestabilities Labels 8; CB Textiles embossing folder; homemade pearl brads; image colored with colored pencils and blended with baby oil.

This was yet another completely different look, but still very pretty. I was so pleased with these cards!

5 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful! I like the last one best -- the colored pencils give it a "soft" look --- so pretty!

Candace said...

These are both so pretty! Your coloring turned out really nice! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! :)

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Sophia - no wonder you are so happy - these are gorgeous - I love that image too, you have coloured them so beautifully! Love it! It is great to see you play along with Stampin' Sisters in Christ - we look forward to seeing you next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Grace said...

Oh wow Sophia! These are all gorgeous!!! I love love love the second one... so vivid! The images are colored beautifully!!! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is sooo beautiful! I lole your roses and coloring! Thanks for sharing with us! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges!

 
;