Monday, April 19, 2010

Sympathy cards for my stash

If you remember, I've had a need for a lot of sympathy cards lately. I used all of the ones I had on hand, so my goal was to replenish my supply so I wouldn't have to crank them out at the last minute.

I searched on Splitcoaststampers for some sympathy card ideas, and I really loved this one. I chose to use it as an inspiration piece for my cards.



Supplies: stamp (Inkadinkado); paper (Georgia Pacific); leaf punch (Target $1 Spot); Prima flowers; dew drops; white pearl dimensional paint; CB Textiles embossing folder; Versamark and gold embossing powder.

I was going to add gold satin ribbon, but I liked how it looked without it. Why mess with a good thing, right?

I was so pleased with how these turned out!

6 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

So very elegant! Love it!

Ginny said...

What a beautiful card! You could use the idea for many different types of cards besides sympathy. Weddings come to mind, since my daughter is getting married in less than 6 weeks, but birthdays, too.

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Sophia - what a beautiful expression of the heart at such a sad time - I am sure the recipient will feel the obvious love that has gone into this - gorgeous Sophia! It is great to see you play along with Stampin' Sisters in Christ - we look forward to seeing you next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Candace said...

This is soooo pretty! The embossing makes it look so elegant. Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges! :)

Grace said...

Oh this is so pretty and elegant! I am sorry you needed so many sympathy cards but it's a great idea to have some ready! This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is sooo pretty and elegant! Thanks for sharing with us! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges!

 
;