Thursday, September 30, 2010

Composition-Book-Turned-Recipe-Book



Supplies: paper (Making Memories, The Paper Company); image from recycled book; Sizzix Nouveau alphabet; McGill tab punch; composition notebook.

I had fun with this one! I had picked up this book for a little bit of nothing, and it's filled with the most gorgeous images. (It's by Karla Dornacher, who has a wonderful talent.) This cupcake stand was just begging to be made into a recipe book for my Secret Sister!



As usual, I lined the inside of the book with coordinating paper.



Since this is intended as a recipe book, I made tabs to divide it up. And since my decorative paper was flimsy, I used a file folder base for these tabs to make them more durable. I just adhered the decorative paper over the top of the file folder. I left the tabs blank so the recipient could choose her own categories.

I loved this book so much I almost didn't want to give it away!

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Very Very Pretty! Love how you put the little tabs on the side --- really adds to the book!

Helen said...

I love this idea and also the fact you used something recycled in the making of it. You did a great job. It's beautiful!

Helen

jemilyea said...

I'm really enjoying seeing your altered composition books. I must start looking at illustrated books in a new light.

 
;