Friday, September 10, 2010

Hydrangea Sympathy

This hydrangea is one of my favorite digital images, and the artist paired it with a lovely sentiment in honor of her grandmother's death awhile back. I can't for the life of me remember who the artist is, but please chime in if you know because I like to give credit where it's due.



Supplies: (free digital sentiment, unknown from SCS); paper (Provo Craft); ink (BIC Mark-Its); MS doily lace border punch; paper doily.

The sentiment and flower come on the same digital image, and I was originally planning to use it that way. But then I got the idea to cut around the hydrangea, and I really, really like the effect. This is so pretty and feminine - it's exactly what I was going for. It might not be the "norm" for a sympathy card, but I think it conveys a sense of peace and dignity.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Very pretty hydrangea image --- love using that flower too! Very feminine looking card.

 
;