Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I Challenge You Wednesday: PSX sewing stamp

My friend got this really neat PSX sewing stamp at a thrift store. She knew that I love to sew, so she let me stamp a few images to play with. I decided this would be a good challenge - what can you do with that image?


Supplies: stamp (PSX); ink (Versamark with black embossing powder, BIC Mark-Its); paper (Dollar Tree mini file folder, The Paper Company); Nestabilities Labels 1; sheer ribbon; buttons.

Since the image was predominantly black (because of the embossing powder and the fact that it's supposed to be an antique sewing machine), I chose to accent it with red. I've always thought red/black/white were a lovely combination.

I added some faux stitching around the edges, in honor of the sewing theme.

Size: 4-1/4 x 5-1/2"


Supplies: stamps (PSX, Studio G sentiment); ink (Versamark with black embossing powder, BIC Mark-Its); paper (Making Memories, The Paper Company); Nestabilities Labels 8; Sizzix Sizzlets tags; red grosgrain ribbon; buttons; pearl stick pins.

I went with the same color scheme this time, only it's off-white and kraft this time instead of white. I colored the image exactly the same and simply added a few more details to the card. I experimented quite a bit with this one, and I really liked how it turned out!

The buttons, faux stitching, ribbon and stick pins are all a nod to the sewing theme.

Size: 5-1/2 x 7-1/2".

To see what my friend came up with this week, check out her blog. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Very nice! I too love the black/white/red combo! I especially like the extra sewing touches you put on the second one --- buttons/pins etc.

 
;