Saturday, September 18, 2010

Look what came in the mail yesterday!

My husband and I made a trip to Dover last Monday. While we were there, I hoped to visit a few craft stores that we don't have here. I wanted to get a Bind It All from AC Moore and a set of Nestabilities from JoAnn Fabrics (or AC Moore) since I had a really great 50% coupon and saved up some money for them.

Would you believe that they didn't have either one? I was so disappointed! I thought for sure they would have them in such a big city, but no, they didn't even have shelf tags for the Bind It All. AC Moore had a shelf tag for the Nesties I wanted, but they were out of stock (as they have been every other time I've visited their stores). JoAnn Fabrics was a HUGE disappointment in all respects. Oh well. At least they still carry fabric, right?

So I came home and decided to get serious about Ebay and a Bind It All. I was hoping to get one for about what I would have paid with a 50% coupon at AC Moore, but I wasn't holding my breath because you always have to figure in shipping when you buy from Ebay. I was pleasantly surprised, and I was able to buy this one for slightly less than I would have paid at the store (even factoring in the shipping cost):



It's not the latest version, but several people told me that the original is just as good as the 2.0. Since I got the best deal on the original, I decided I wasn't going to pay twice as much for the color pink and a few features I can work around.

If you've never seen a Bind It All in person, you might be as shocked as I was when I pulled it out of the box. It's small! But that's a good thing, because the last thing I need is a huge tool to take up lots of space in my craft room. I have very small hands, and I can hold it in one hand outstretched. It's only about three pounds, so it's not the monstrosity that my comb binding machine is, either.

I really, really like it and can't wait to make something with it!

2 comments:

DeeAnn said...

Congratulations on your BIA. I have the same exact one. I never needed to upgrade to pink. I wouldn't want to since that is my favorite shade of blue. I have tiny hands also and I never had a problem. I can't wait to see what you make with it.

Anonymous said...

awesome deal on the BIA, I love the file folder game idea, my kids go to regular school but that is good to re-enforce the lessons at home, TFS!
Lindsay

 
;