Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I Challenge You Wednesday: Autumn Theme

My friend picked the challenge this week, and it couldn't have been better. We were supposed to make cards with an autumn theme. I had just picked up some notecard sets from Michaels to alter, and they were autumn images. The notecards were okay, but they didn't do justice to the lovely images, so I decided to see what I could do with them.



Supplies: stamps (sentiment by Studio G); ink (Versamark with black embossing powder); paper (recycled book scrap, Michaels notecard for image, The Paper Company); silver eyelets.

Let's start with the apple bucket images. First of all, I silhouetted the image for this card. Then I went through my scraps and found this great strip of green paper that needed to be used. It worked really well, so I went from there.



Supplies: stamps (SU! sentiment); ink (Veramark with silver and black embossing powders); paper (Making Memories, The Paper Company, image from Michaels notecard); CB corner die; office brads.

For this card, I decided to see what I could do by simply cutting the image as a rectangle from the original notecard. The color is a bit "off" in the picture because those apples match the gingham quite well in real life.

One of my favorite discoveries on this card was the brads! I've made glitter brads with glittery embossing powder before, but I never tried a solid color. I'm not sure why. I guess I thought the gold of the original brad would show through, but it didn't. This worked wonderfully! I started out with regular gold office brads and successfully made them into white, black and silver brads. If I didn't tell you that they didn't originally come in that color, you'd never know.



Supplies: stamps (Studio G sentiment; Michaels $1 wheat); ink (SU! Chocolate Chip, Versamark with gold embossing powder); paper (Provo Craft, The Paper Company, image from Michaels notecard); yellow picot ribbon; Nestabilities Labels 8; office brads.

I dearly love this basket and its contents!



Supplies: paper (K&Co, The Paper Company, image from Michaels notecard); off-white crocheted lace; Nestabilities Labels 8; dew drops; dimensionals.

I loved how well this paper and lace matched the image, so I kept things simple to highlight them.



Supplies: stamp (Michaels $1 bin sentiment); ink (Versamark with silver embossing powder "distressed" with black Sharpie); paper (K&Co, image from Michaels notecard); Nestabilities Labels One; CB corner die; off-white crocheted lace; leaf brad (Target $1 spot); brown ribbon.

This was the "pile it on" card of the series. I got the sentiment a little crooked, but hopefully it won't be too painfully obvious to the recipient of this card. I have since purchased a stamp positioner, so hopefully this will be the last crooked image/sentiment on my cards! :)

I had a lot of fun with this challenge. You can see what my friend did here. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Great cards! Really like how you cut the apple basket out in the first card -- and that fall basket --- Wow! I love that image! Does that lace look familiar to me for a reason?
My favorite card would probably be # 4 -- those colors go together so well!

 
;