Monday, September 27, 2010

Spelling Notebook: Altered Composition Notebook

Supplies: stamps (Studio G letters and numbers); paper (Making Memories?, The Paper Company); Scrabble letter tiles; Sizzix bookplates die; mini brads; composition notebook.

My son needed a place to write his spelling list each day for homeschooling, so I decided to decorate this composition notebook to make it more fun.

The Scrabble tiles came from an old game that I picked up at a thrift store. It was missing quite a few pieces, but it was worth the $0.25 I paid for it just for the letter tiles. :)

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I think this is my favorite of all the composition books you've done. Very cute! Love what you did with the scrabble letters ---I have a stash of those I've been hoarding --- great idea on how to use them!

Christa said...

I forgot to mention that you need to put them on with E6000 glue if you're making it for a boy! :)

I used Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue, and it held for a few days. But in less than a week, one of the letters had fallen off (thanks to pulling it in and out of a backpack). So far, it's just one letter, but use the E6000 if you have it, just in case. :)

 
;