Friday, September 3, 2010

Cute Dog Birthday

I've been working through my stash of pre-colored images lately. I went on a coloring binge almost a year ago, but I got zero inspiration for using any of them until just recently.

This dog is a freebie from Arthur's Free Clip Art, if I remember correctly:



Supplies: stamps (clip art from Arthur's Free Clip Art, sentiment by Studio G); paper (Sandy Lion, The Paper Company, unknown orange); ink (BIC Mark-Its, SU! Night of Navy); Nestabilities Labels 8; dimensionals; sewing thread.
I wanted to make the sentiment look like a sign around the dog's neck, so I added sewing thread and popped it up on dimensionals. It turned out exactly like I wanted it!

This is going into my boys' birthday card stash.

1 comments:

Lindsay Weirich said...

very cute card, perfect for a kid! to answer your question I use the liquid watercolor to make my glimmer mists and color wash spray and to do shaving cream marbizing. I’ve used it to re0ink the kids inkpads too, you might need a drop or two of glycern though to thicken it up a bit for your inkpads as the color is super intence but not as viscus of the store bought reinker, jut a drop or two of glycern, it will haelp the ink stick to the stamp:)

 
;