Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cameo-Style Ladies' Card

I'm an old-fashioned girl to the core, so I loved this cameo-style image as soon as I saw it. I've had her colored for months now, but I just couldn't get any inspiration to make it into a card ... until recently.

Supplies: stamp (digital image from Two for Tuesday); ink (Versamark with chalkds, BIC Mark-Its); paper (The Paper Company); MS Gothic Arches corner punch; Kassie's Brocade CB embossing folder; improvised glimmer mist; dimensional pearl paint.

When I got this Martha Stewart punch on clearance (Gothic Arches??), I started playing around with it and came up with these lacy pieces. Here's how I put this card together:



First of all, I made a piece like this, using Becca's right angle punching technique. I forgot to take a picture of it before I cut it in half, so just pretend it's not already cut in half. :)

Then I made four small "medallions" with the same punch, using the first part of Becca's right angle punching technique. Then I cut the larger piece in half lengthwise:



To piece the lacy part behind the image, I first placed those cut halves where I wanted them. I tried to eyeball it to give me enough room to place medallions between them and look almost seamless:



Then I added a medallion to the top and bottom of the cut-out (still behind the actual image), as indicated by the arrows:



Lastly, I added the remaining two medallions to the sides (this time overlapping the front of the image), popping them up on dimensionals:



I really liked the effect!

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love how you printed the image on paper with a light script in the background. AND is that blue paper naturally sparkly or did you add some glitter?

Christa said...

Oh yes, the sparkle. Well, it was supposed to be done with a glimmer mist equivalent. Unfortunately, the tip is clogged on the spray bottle, so I just used a foam brush and brushed on the shimmer. It made the paper warp just a little, but once it's stuck down you really can't tell.

 
;