Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Simple Quilt Card

Here is a card I made that I considered using for the "1 Stamp 5 Ways" challenge yesterday. I got so far as to color two of them (in different color schemes) before I realized there was no way I was going to feature that for my challenge cards. It seemed like cheating to only change the colors. :)

But I really do like this card, so I thought I'd share it with you today.



This was a simple card. I just colored in the quilt image with my BIC markers, added "stitching" details with a pencil (for a more realistic look than black marker), added a mat that I edged with MS PATP eyelet punches, and put it onto a coordinating solid-color card base.

Very easy, but I like how real the quilt looks. I've tried quilting before, and I love the finished product, but it's so time-consuming. This is much faster than piecing and quilting the real thing! My sister makes quilts, but I think I'll stick with these paper ones. They're a lot easier on my patience. :)

0 comments:

 
;