Monday, March 1, 2010

Get Well Soon

We've had a death in our church family, so my stamping time will be a little limited the beginning of the week here while I help with the funeral and coordinate the funeral meal. I have a pile of things in the works to share, but most of them need a few finishing touches, or they're for our weekly challenge that I'm going to share on Wednesday. So today and tomorrow I'm sharing a "sneak peek" of sorts, since these were finished and just waiting for the right time to share. It's still not completely the "right time" which is why I'm being a little mysterious, but here you go ...

Today I thought I'd share this child-oriented "get well soon" card I made. I had a lot of fun with this one!



This is the first time I tried out the concept of using decorative edging around a curved shape, and I'm hooked! If you're not sure what I'm talking about, basically you punch a strip of paper with a border punch. Add a good, strong adhesive. Then cut almost to the point between each design. Then you can curve it around almost any shape. The idea isn't original with me, but I can't remember where I first saw it.

I used two of my newest papers on this because I really needed to cut into the first sheet so I could give myself permission not to hoard them. Really, I have 25 sheets of each. I don't know why I feel the need to conserve ... :)

I got the wide satin ribbon at Tuesday Morning. I am in LOVE with those wide satin ribbons, and they had a lovely assortment of colors for $3 a spool (10 yards on each). I have limited myself to four colors so far - gold, pink, burgundy and red.

Did you notice the dew drops in the corners? I love the freedom to use as many of them as I want, since I now have enough to make around 800 cards ... :)

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Neat idea -- the framing the "picture" with your border punches. I'll have to try it!
BTW - very pretty card!

 
;