Monday, March 22, 2010

Journey of Life: Masculine Birthday Card

My brother is turning 39 this year, and I wanted to make him a special card. I've also been wanting to try one of these stair step cards, so this was the perfect combination. I was inspired by this card that I saw on Splitcoaststampers.

Supplies: stamps (Tim Holtz); paper (Travel? by ATD); ribbon (Michaels $1 section).

I loved the paper! It was perfect for this type of card with this image. The "scenic vistas" with the mountains was part of a patterned paper that I cut out so it would pop up on that section of the card.

I was tempted to fill that upper lefthand corner, but I knew I wanted a space to handwrite a note to my brother, so I left it blank. I'm playing up the theme of this being his last year on this side of "the hill" (which is also why I put the truck heading toward the mountains). :)

I think he'll like it, and I had a lot of fun making it.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Perfectly masculine and very neat! As usual it looks even better in real life!!

 
;