Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Another Sarah Kay easel card

You knew I was going to make another easel card, didn't you? It seems I can never make just one of something that I like. :)


Supplies: stamps (Sarah Kay, Stampin Up sentiment); paper (Serendipity by ATD, Paper Reflections); MS PATP Iron Gate border punch; ink (BIC Mark-Its, pink dye-based); iridescent Stickles; Provo Craft grass scissors; dimensionals

I chose this sweet Sarah Kay image for a get well card because we all know that "an apple a day keeps the doctor away," right? So here's a whole basket of apples so the sick person can get better faster.

I again picked my decorative paper first and then chose markers to match it. (Incidentally, they are the same exact colors as the last card, even though the paper is different. I must really like these colors!)

Here is a side view where you can see the easel part:



Here is a closeup of the freehanded cloud with iridescent Stickles to make it glisten. It's the little details that make a card extra-special, after all ...



And here is a closeup of the fence:



I was especially pleased with this fence idea because I wasn't sure how to make the punch look like the fence it is. At first, I only punched the top of the fence. But it was missing something. So I punched the bottom of the fence, too. That was better, but still missing something. Then I got the idea of scoring lines on it for panels, just like the fence panels behind our house. That's what was missing

I love the idea of easel cards, and I hope I've convinced you to try one! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card. I love the image you did such a pretty job putting this all together.
~Pam

 
;