Thursday, March 4, 2010

NEW Designer Handbag Template

Before I begin, please understand that I'm using the term "designer" very loosely here. :) Just the idea that I would create anything with a "designer" look is laughable, but I didn't know what else to name this.

So ... Here is my newest creation using a template I designed that I'm calling Designer Handbag Template. And I'm offering it FREE by e-mail (since I have no idea how to attach a Word document to a blog, or if that's even possible).

But first, let's take a look at it:



I modeled it after my mom's last purse that I fell in love with at first sight. When she decided to quit carrying the purse, she offered it to me. In my opinion, her purse was the cutest I have ever laid eyes on. I have no idea where it came from originally, but she got it from a yard sale. (See, I come by my thriftiness quite naturally!)

Here you can see my paper creation side-by-side with the bag that inspired it:



It's not an exact replication, but I kept enough of the details that I love. Also notice how big this is. It's approximately 6" wide, 6" tall and 3" deep. You can fit a lot in this bag! Just ask my daughter who confiscated it as soon as I was done taking pictures ...

For this size bag, you need two 12x12" sheets of basic cardstock and two 8.5x11" sheets of decorative paper.

But, of course, everyone likes pretty packaging for their cards, so I shrank the design to be a holder for 4.25 x 5.5" cards, too. Here's the smaller version:



It's an inch deep, so you can fit a gift-sized stack of cards in it. This size uses one sheet of 8.5x11" sheet of cardstock and one sheet of 12x12" decorative paper.

I used a wet adhesive to attach everything since this was my experimental purse, so you'll see it buckled my paper just a tad. I won't be using wet adhesive on these in the future, or at least not as much wet adhesive. :)

One thing you'll notice I changed on this smaller one is the use of Nestabilities Labels 8 for the part that holds down the purse straps. It's much more decorative than the regular old square I used on the first one, and I'll be making them all like this from now on.

So, how do the two compare size-wise? Well, here's a look at them together:



Before I forget, the purse handles are NOT original with me! Lauren Meader posted these awhile back on her blog, and I thought it was the most awesome idea ever. I bookmarked it for future reference, and I finally got around to using it.

As I said, I'm offering the purse template for FREE by e-mail. Just drop me an e-mail (sophia_regina77 at yahoo dot com) with "Designer Handbag Template" in the subject line, and I'll be happy to send it out to you. Please let me know if you make anything with it - I'd love to see them!

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Cute - very cute! What you don't come up with --- I tell ya -- your mind is always coming up with something new! I think you have a lot more patience than I do too -- to take the time to figure HOW to make things. Glad someone does, because I like benefiting from all the wonderful patterns someone else had the patience to make.

Christa said...

Hmm ... I wouldn't really describe myself as patient for the most part, but I guess I am when it comes to this kind of thing. I enjoy sketching things out on graph paper and watching them come to life! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous projects! Me and my Mom (real designer handbag label hounds) thought this was just too cute and a perfect way to take our COACH obsession to the next level!

 
;