Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Flowers for Mommy

Here's another "sneak peek" today, but that's all I'm saying right now. :)

This card was inspired by my four-year-old daughter who came up to me the other day - in the middle of winter - and asked why the flowers she picks for me in the summertime eventually die. I'm not sure what brought that up, but her mind works a million miles a minute and she comes up with the most fascinating questions.

So I made this card, that I thought might be cute to give to my mother for Mother's Day since I remember picking flowers when I was little, too! :) If I come up with another card I like better for Mother's Day, this could always be a "sending you flowers to brighten your day" type of card.



Just like yesterday, I used some of my newest paper from Tuesday Morning on this card. I also used the same border punch technique around the oval. And I used my new MS leaf punch for the first time!

If you look closely, you can see the centers of the flowers are the green glitter brads I made awhile back.

I had a lot of fun with this card!

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Cute, Cute card! Looks like your "sneak peeking" into our I Challenge you Wednesday too (besides the "other" sneek peak!). The colors are so bright and cheerful -- looks like spring! Love those frames you are framing your image with -- I NEED to try one.

Christa said...

Yep, I originally designed this one for our challenge and then decided to put it into its own post. Don't worry - I've got more for the challenge!! :)

 
;