Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Queen for a Day

Supplies: free digital image (Arthur's Free Clip Art) colored with BIC markers, sentiment (Studio G), black satin ribbon, rhinestones ($1 Tree), papers (Fiskars, unknown).

This is another image I've had colored for awhile, but I honestly had no idea what to do with it. I was beginning to wonder if I would ever get a card made out of it. Then I pulled this striped paper out of my stash and got inspired.

The pink band in the middle came from a huge pack of invitations I got at a secondhand store simply for the envelopes. This card is 5x7", and I really like how it turned out.

The sentiment was originally for Mother's Day, but I decided any birthday girl could be "Queen for a Day".

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Did you use one of those graduation cards for this? Love that big black bow at the top!

Christa said...

I thought about using one of those cards, but I didn't since they're configured a little differently. But those cards are still on the back burner of my mind, trying to think of good ways to use them. If you have any ideas, please share them! :)

 
;