Friday, September 4, 2009

Wedding gift name frame

A missionary friend's daughter is getting married next week, and I'm going to a bridal shower for her tomorrow. I'm giving her a basket of cleaning supplies and a set of silverware, but I wanted to do something extra-special, too, so I came up with this name frame. (Click to enlarge. I'm not sure why it turned out so tiny this time.)



This frame is BIG! It's 8x20", and you'd usually pay $15-20 just for the frame in a regular store. But you know I didn't do that. No, I rescued it from a thrift store for $0.25. It was dirty and held someone's OLD family picture, but it was the perfect size for an impressive name frame.

First of all, after I cleaned it well, I painted the frame white. It needed it desperately. Then I got to work on the inside.

The saying "God Bless Our Home" came from Dollar Tree. It's one of those wall stickers I bought the other week. Not only does it stick to walls; it also sticks to paper! It's 16" long, so I pieced all the paper you see in the frame. I used my EK Success fleur de lis border punch on the corners like I showed in this post.

Then I used that same border punch to make enough "lace" to go around the edges of the entire frame, mitering the corners while I was at it.

I cut the new couples' last name and dates from my Endless Love Sizzlet alphabet. The heart is a combination of a Creative Memories laser-cut sticker and a heart punch-out.

I was so thrilled with how this turned out! I'll be keeping my eye out for more of these frames at thrift stores.

I spent about $2 on the whole project, counting the paper, stickers, frame ... everything. Not too bad of a price for a personalized wedding gift! :)

1 comments:

Susan said...

It's beautiful! I know they'll treasure this gift, especially because you took the time to work it all out.

 
;