Friday, September 18, 2009

Christmas Gift Tags Set

I'm more than a little annoyed with Picasa right now. For some reason, I can't get my full-sized picture of the tag to rotate correctly, so I'm not posting it. You'd have to crane your head around to the side to see it, and who wants to do that?

If anyone knows how to access the web album for your blog, please let me know. If I could find that, I might be able to rotate it there and fix the problem.

Anyway, on to happier things ... Last night I made another project, this time a set of gift tags for Christmas. I used the tutorial here for the box and used her tags loosely as inspiration.



Supplies: paper (unknown), stamps (gingerbread man, sentiment - Martha Stewart; flourishes - Autumn Leaves & Studio G; To/From - DMD?), fiber (from a gift set), Nestabilities Labels 8 (2nd and 3rd largest dies).

When I first saw her set, I thought the tags seemed a bit large for gift tags. Then I made them and realized that you won't need much else to decorate a package if you use these. I really, really like them! (The gingerbread men are popped up on dimensionals, by the way.)

I was able to get six tags into my box.

I think I'm going to make a few more variations of these tags!

4 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Are your nestabilities worn out yet? (Ha Ha)
What an adorable little gingerbread man!!!
Is that one of the stamps you got on clearance after Christmas last year?
You're always doing this to me.....making me reconsider things I thought I could live without!

Christa said...

Nope, they're not worn out, but I've sure been giving them a workout, haven't I? :)

You're right - the gingerbread man was from the set I got on clearance at Wal-Mart last year for around $4. (It also has a really cool gingerbread house that I'm thinking about using, too!)

DeeAnn said...

I am playing blog catch-up. Your creations are amazing. I love the box and the bar of Dove. I am tempted to make a large one to hold my own stash of Dove soap. I bet the box smells so good.

Your Nesties creations are amazing. I want to whip out my Cricut cartridge with the Top Note die and start cutting everything out.

I would have fainted away if I found what you got at the Goodwill stores. Great treasure hunting.

I know you don't celebrate Hallowen but I want to let you know if you have a Target they have beautiful Halloween items in the $1 section that can be used for other crafs. A lot of it is Fall/Thanksgiving.

You always alert us to your great deals. I want to gift you back. You have helped me a lot with my crafting stash.

Thank you for the tip about the gold tissue paper and DT's wrapping paper.

Christa said...

Thanks for the heads up about Target! I haven't been there for awhile, but maybe I can work it into my shopping trip next week. :)

 
;