Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Recovering from a killer migraine

I've been pretty quiet the last few weeks, haven't I? I really intended to have something to post today, but a BIG migraine got in the way.

We were visiting our good friends for Labor Day when the migraine started. I took a full dose of Excedrin Migraine since it was so bad. (I rarely take the full dose because I get overdose symptoms - hyper, then sleepy.) It dulled it long enough to finish out our visit, but it was coming back with a vengeance when we left. Since I discovered Excedrin Migraine, I have never had to take more than one dose.

By the time we got to our house (an hour away), I thought I was going to be sick. My poor kids were traumatized that they couldn't finish listening to the Heidi mp3 story we had started, but I knew any more sound was going to be my undoing.

Anyone who knows me well would have known I was sick if they saw me in the front seat with my bare feet propped on the dash and my seat kicked the whole way back. Good thing it was nighttime and no one could see me! (And if you know my husband, you'd know he believed me because he didn't say one word about my feet on the dash!)

I was wiped out today and still felt a touch of nausea through this afternoon. I sincerely hope this isn't an indication of things to come!!

So now that you've heard my sob story, I do have a bit of bright news. I think I'm going to get my first set of Nestabilities. I got some money for my birthday and decided it was high time I get them. I've been eyeing them for over a year now, so I guess they're not just a passing fad for me.

Oh, and speaking of birthdays, I do have something to share with you today! Go check out my friend's card blog to see the gorgeous birthday card she made for me!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday, and how neat that you'll finally get your Nestabilities! I'm sorry you had such a bad migraine. I've never had one, so I can't truly sympathize, but my husband will get a really bad sick headache occasionally, and he's just miserable with it. I hope yours is gone for good!

Kristen Bieber said...

I get bad migraines too. I finally resorted to a prescription. It really helps and as soon as I feel one coming on I can take it and it goes away! I try not to take them, they do make me feel funny. But, I am grateful because the migraines stop my whole day! Also, I found out a few foods trigger them for me. Onions for sure, maybe you could try to narrow down what foods you eat when you get them, that may help.

Christa said...

For some reason, traveling seems to be one of the triggers for my migraines. My SIL thought it might be from squinting in the bright sunlight coming through the windshield ... If I ever get to the doctor, I might mention these migraines. I think my mom and sister both have a prescription for theirs.

 
;