Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Just a Note card - literally!



Supplies: mini file folder (Dollar Tree), gold foil tissue paper (Dollar Tree), Allegro embossing folder (CB), note die (CB), slider die (CB), Labels 8 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), sentiment (Studio G), gold embossing powder, ribbon (Michaels $1 bin).

I'm not entirely pleased with how this picture turned out, but I couldn't get it any better, so I'm sharing it as is. The gold foil looks dull and silvery in the picture, but it's a bright, shiny gold in real life.

Another thing you can't tell in the picture is that the base is one of the mini file folders I got a few weeks ago (25/pk at Dollar Tree). It's 4x6", so I'll have to come up with my own envelope for it, or just use it without one (for hand delivery). It was exactly what I wanted, though, so I used it.

Ever since I got my Cuttlebug, I've been on the lookout for an inexpensive source of metallic paper. I've used soda cans in the past, but they only come in silver. I really, really wanted gold! So I was thrilled to see the make-your-own tutorial at Cuttlebug Challenge two weeks ago. She used mylar gift wrap from the dollar store, and it was gorgeous! So I did the same thing, but I had to buy metallic "tissue paper" since the stuff on the rolls at my store was completely see-through. I used a glue stick to adhere my paper to the cardstock, and it worked beautifully.

Since the inside of the file folder is black, I simply cut two more white shapes from my Nesties and glued them to the inside so I could write with a regular pen.

A bundle of these would be perfect as a gift for a music teacher, by the way! :)

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Your card is very "note worthy!" Ha!
Seriously, it turned out very pretty! I can see you're wasting no time in incorporating nestabilities into everything! I'm itching to get some myself!

 
;