Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lilac Lace

I enjoy flowers. I love to look at them and admire their colors, their shape, their scent ... but I know very few names! So I have no idea what flower this card features, but I named it "Lilac Lace" for the colors I used. If you know the name of the flower, feel free to enlighten me. I really need to start learning! :)



Supplies: free digital image (from Arthur's Free Clipart), paper (Provo Craft), EK Success fleur de lis border punch, Stickles, rhinestones ($1 Tree) colored with BIC markers, dimensionals ($1 Tree), Nestabilities Labels 8 (Spellbinders).

I've had this image sitting in my craft room completely colored for awhile now. I had no idea what to do with it. But the other day I pulled it out and happened to remember a few pieces of paper in my purple scraps, and this card was born.

The background paper was printed with the patterned strip down the side of it, so all I did was lined both sides of it with paper lace. I added Stickles to the insides of the flower, matted the image, and popped it up on dimensionals. Lastly, I added rhinestones I custom-colored with my BIC markers.

This was the easiest card I've done in a long time, but I really, really like it. I chose not to put a sentiment on the outside since the image is flexible enough to be used for almost any occasion. That way, I can use it whenever a need arises.

3 comments:

jemilyea said...

It's not a lilac; both the flower and the leaves are wrong for lilacs. But I don't know what it is! It's pretty, though (both the flower and the card).

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful!

DeeAnn said...

Hi!

The flower is a pansy. They are really beautiful and have the most stunning colors. I can't get enough of them in my garden during the Spring.

 
;