Thursday, September 17, 2009

Good Things Come in Small Packages 2

Here is another project I made today with my Nesties (I made the first one last night and decorated it today).



It's a cute little purse, although the ribbon looks a bit pathetic in the picture. It looks much better in real life. I chose a wired ribbon because it will stand up on its own. I used my largest Nestabilities (not sure how to spell a single one) for this one. I'm not sure how everyone else does it, but I loved the stability of the box with cardboard in between, so I used cardboard on this purse, too. It made a huge difference!



Here is the inside. For the actual bag part, I used a pink lunch bag that you can get in a pack at the dollar store. (I got two packs for $0.25 each at a thrift store.) You could fit more than it looks like it there!



Have you see those projects by the professional designers that buy the Basic Grey magnets for their projects? I'm probably never going to spend my "fun" money on fancy, expensive magnets, so I wondered if I could punch two circles out of thin magnets and have it work the same way. As you can see, it works great! This is a very thin magnet, by the way. I think it was originally a magnetic frame designed to go on the fridge and "frame" a picture.

(NOTE: Test the magnets before you glue them onto your project. I've had a few times that two magnets cut from the same magnet have refused to go together.)

And so you can see how this compares in size to the box, here's a picture of the two of them together:



Don't forget to check out the "For You" hangtag on it, too. I had a blast with it and probably spent more time on it than the whole rest of the bag. I used charms and beads from my Dollar Tree finds.

Speaking of charms and beads, the decoration on the purse flap is a thick bead cap with a seed bead glued to the middle.

I was inspired by the purse pictured here.
 
;