Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Well-Trained Husband ...

My husband is one of those few men that actually pays attention to the crafts that I make. If he stops in at a thrift store when he's out calling, he knows the kinds of things I like and will look for them. A lot of times he doesn't even have to call me to find out if I can use something - he just knows (and he's right). If he's not sure, he never passes it up. He always calls and asks. (Aren't you envious?) :)



Anyway, he collects eagles and eagle memorabilia. When he came back from a recent thrift store excursion with these two glass bowls ($0.25 each), I wasn't very impressed. But since they were for his study, I kept my opinion to myself. And then ...



... then he came downstairs with two of the glass candlesticks I had picked up at another thrift store (something like $0.25 each or so), and I realized again what a genius I married. This was his idea, and it transformed those dishes from boring to classy.

He'd like to see if we could add some gold highlights to the glass candlesticks, so I'm trying to find that gold paint marker I had somewhere around here that I thought would stick to glass ...

3 comments:

Susan Weido said...

I love your posts. I'm a frugal mom as well. I wish we had thrift shops close to us. I have enjoyed browsing your site. I would like to be a follower but have not found your follower button. Blessings, Susanweido @ He watches over me.blogspot.com

Susan Weido said...

I loved reading your blog. I'm a frugal mom as well...I want to be a follower of your blog but have to find your follower button...Blessings,
susanweido.blogspot.com
He watches over me

Christa said...

The "follow" button should be at the very top of the blog, to the left. It's right next to the search box. HTH!

 
;