Tuesday, January 11, 2011

More 18 in Doll Clothes to Share

I finished some more 18" doll clothes, and they're in my Etsy shop. I thought I'd share pictures of them here, too. Please excuse my model's hairdo. She has needed a good brushing for awhile now, but my daughter decided to take the ponytail out of her hair, and it really looks frizzy now! :)



A lady who knows that I sew gave me this fat quarter that she had picked up somewhere. It's a neat print, but I couldn't figure out what to do with it. It didn't match any of my other fabrics, and there wasn't much to work with. So I went ahead and made it into a doll skirt. I liked it!

Because I was a little more limited with the size of the fabric, this skirt is made to the original dimensions of the wrap skirt pattern. It's about 1" shorter than the other ones I've made.

Since the wraps skirts are reversible, it's yellow gingham on the other side:





I made another really cute ragged jean skirt, too. This one is a bit darker than the other ones I made. This is also the only skirt in my shop right now that is not reversible. It's just a lot easier to keep it one-sided when working with denim.



When I did the front and back pairings for these reversible wrap skirts, I decided to go with a solid and print combination for this batch. So this light blue solid is backed by a blue plaid:



And since I had a bit of the blue plaid fabric, I made up a few more skirts with it. The other skirts are backed with solid black ...



... and a nice cream color.





I had some more of that lovely red gingham fabric leftover, so I made a skirt with that and backed it with a black solid.

These are a lot of fun to make, and they're also a great way to use up fabric scraps. I already have several in my gift stash for the year ahead (not including the ones I've listed in my shop). Enjoy! :)

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the idea for the reversible skirts! I just got 2 books from the library for 18" doll clothes and am itching to try some for the doll my 3 year old just got from her grandpa.

 
;