Friday, January 14, 2011

Another big sheet project in the works

I don't have any pictures to share with you today because I'm knee-deep (at times it feels like neck-deep) in the middle of another big sheet project.

I'm making an honest-to-goodness pieced quilt for my sister-in-law for her birthday next month. I'm machine quilting it, and my machine is being really annoying and acting like the teenager that it is. I think I've figured out what every part of my sewing machine is supposed to do now - and how to fix it when it's not cooperating right. I guess that's a good thing, right? :)

I have about half of it quilted so far, which is no easy task since I didn't hear of the "quilt as you go" method until it was already put together. Rest assured, I will be quilting as I go from now on. It's 100% easier and less frustrating.

Hopefully I can share it with you sometime early next week. So if you don't hear from me for a few days, you'll know where I am - sitting in front of my sewing machine!

0 comments:

 
;