Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Homemade Gift: 18" Doll Reversible Wrap Skirts

Yesterday I showed you the 18" doll twirly skirts, and today I'm going to show you the wrap skirts. They're really quick and easy, but they're adorable at the same time!



Do you recognize this fabric? It's one of the vintage sheets I used in my yellow quilt. Since the skirt is made to be reversible, I backed it with a pale yellow:



See? You get two looks for the effort (and price) of one!



Here's a gingham one I made - black and white gingham on one side ...



... and red and white gingham on the other. If you're interested in making a few, I found the pattern at You Can Make This (look for the wrap skirt pattern), but I lengthened it since I didn't want it to be a mini-skirt.



And here is the secret that makes my life so much easier - FabricFusion Velcro. I've used sew-on Velcro before, but it always (yes, always!) messes up the tension in my sewing machine. I wasn't looking forward to that again, so I was thrilled to find that the Velcro company finally figured out a way to make iron-on Velcro for fabric. The bonus: there are no stitching lines on the outside of the garment.

I've listed a few 18" doll clothes in my Etsy shop, in case you're interested. I browsed around and looked for the "going price" on them, but I thought that was a bit high, so I've adjusted my prices accordingly. As always, if you have something specific in mind, I don't mind taking special orders.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

This style is my favorite --- love how simple it is to make as well.

 
;