Monday, January 31, 2011

Calendar Challenge: January 2012

Instead of a weekly challenge on Wednesdays, my friend and I decided to go with a different challenge this year. We're making a calendar page each month - for next year. Mine is going to be a gift for next Christmas. Since this is a homemade gift, I'll be adding that as a tag to these posts. However, since this is a challenge, I won't be including "homemade gift" in the post titles.



Supplies: paper (unknown damask from Ollie's, The Paper Company, GP), computer font (Comic Sans), sticker (CM laser cut), Nestabilities Labels One; dimensionals. Size: 5-1/2 x 8-1/2".

I won't be binding this calendar together until it's all done, but I do plan to bind it and give it an easel back so it can stand up on a counter.

January is a pretty "blank" month since there are no birthdays for my side of the family in January. I still wanted to have the calendar grid (as opposed to just numbers with no block to write in), though, since there are plenty of birthdays to note in the coming months. This gift is all about remembering family birthdays, so you'll see some months are crammed full. (If I were making one for my husband's side of the family, about every month would be crammed full, since he has ten brothers and sisters, who all have kids, some of whom have kids ... )

You probably wondered if my paper crafting days were over since I've been sewing for the last two months. I worried a little about that, too, but finally inspiration has struck. Since I've done this calendar page, several ideas have started whirling around in my head. Hopefully I can make some of them and share them with you soon!

Now you'll want to see what my friend has created for her January calendar(s)!

5 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Very elegant and pretty! Love it that you used a Scripture as well -- and it's a very appropriate New Years verse!
Already looking forward to seeing what you create for February!

CraftyViolet said...

Nicely done. I, too, am a thrift store shopper and I love to use discarded items in my crafts. I check your blog on a regular basis.

Feel free to check out my blog: www.craftyviolet.blogspot.com

CraftyViolet said...

Nicely done! I check out your blog on a regular basis. I too am a thrift store shopper and love to make discarded items into something useful. Feel free to check out my blog:
www.craftyviolet.blogspot.com

Ginny said...

Love the idea of making next year's calendar this year!

Christa said...

I can't take credit for the idea (it was my friend's idea), but it was a good one! :)

 
;