Monday, July 26, 2010

A boys' apron from recycled and leftover fabrics

I've been trying to use up my stash of recycled fabrics since I have so many of them. One of the projects I really wanted to try was some aprons.

I made one for my 6-year-old son, and I almost had to bribe him to get this picture. So please excuse the tongue hanging out - it was the best I could do! :)



I made the "bib" part with the very bottom of the leg of a pair of jeans. This is the perfect use for the bottom portion of a boys' pair of jeans that got a hole in the knee. (Can you tell I have a 6-year-old son?)



The rest of it is leftover material from a John Deere quilt that is pretty much finished and just waiting for me to have my sister show me how to bind it.

To make this, I just cut several strips for the waistband and neck ties. Then I sewed a rectangle of the fabric to the apron, and that's about how easy it was.

My son really likes it, even though you can't tell from the pictures! :)

1 comments:

happeningswithLana said...

I like that. I think I am going to make aprons for my 7, 5 and 4 year old nieces and nephew for Christmas. I was thinking of John Deere for the nephew.
TFS!

 
;