Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bow Handbag Variation: Simpler

I was thinking about variations on my Bow Handbag, and I came up with a simpler (and cheaper) version. With the pretty file folder I used, I'm sure you don't miss what I took off of this one:



I eliminated 2 "D" rings by moving the straps to the sides.



I also saved ribbon by doing that, since you only need one strip of ribbon for the handles instead of two. If you notice from the side view, I also saved a bunch of ribbon at the bottom by only adding it to the front instead of having it wrap the whole way around the purse. (I simply glued the edges under to prevent fraying.)

And here's what I packaged inside of it:



A set of eight notecards and matching pen that I made for my Secret Sister. You can see them in this post, if you're interested. (I decided this was a lot prettier than the box I originally put them in.)

If you'd like to make your own Bow Handbags, you can find the tutorial for just $1.99 in my Etsy shop here. (If that link doesn't work, you can simply look under the "Tutorials" section in my shop.)

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love how you simplified it!

 
;