Friday, July 9, 2010

Bow Handbag Tutorial

I had the idea for this handbag after looking at my own purse for awhile, as well as admiring the bow from a friend's purse. As a result, the Bow Handbag was born.



This bag goes together very quickly, but I love all the little purse details!

Not only that, but it's designed roomy to fit a 1-1/2" stack of standard-sized cards and envelopes (or anything else around that size, for that matter). It will even fit the newer-sized invitation envelopes that are 4-3/4 x 6-1/2", as seen in the photo below:



I've offered several tutorials for free before. This time, however, I'm trying to help out with some projects around our house, so I'm selling the tutorial in my Etsy shop. You'll get a 4-page pdf tutorial complete with explanatory pictures and a full-sized template.

Don't worry - I hate to pay a lot of money for ideas, so I'm pricing it at just $1.99 with no shipping (obviously). Pop on over to my Etsy shop and check out the new "Tutorials" section to find it.

And just to show you how thrifty this bag can be, I made it from the back half of a decorative file folder, using a few extra scraps from other projects. It's my favorite handbag yet! :)

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Very, very cute! (I think I know which of my purses inspired you! smile!)

 
;