Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jeans are like pigs ...

Okay, what kind of post title is that? Well, you've probably heard the expression that you can use everything from a pig except its squeal. Well, jeans are like that, too. When I was cutting up old jeans, I cut off old pockets (still working on a cute idea I had for those), cut up the legs ... and even cut off the "buttons."

I wasn't totally sure what I was going to do with those buttons, but they were too cool to throw away, so I cut as close as possible to each of them and saved them.

A few weeks after going through a lot of old jeans like this, I hit on the perfect idea:



Pushpins!! How cool is that?

What teenager do you know that doesn't like to show off their name brand clothing? Well, here's a really fun way to do that with a bulletin board. A college student would probably have a lot of fun with these.



Here's a whole bunch of Gitano ones ...



... and a whole set of Guess ones.



See how they were cut from the jeans? It gives a really neat effect when you look down from the top.

These have the bonus of being easy to pull away from a bulletin board without the aid of long fingernails.

0 comments:

 
;