Thursday, February 18, 2010

More Calendar Cards: Butterflies

I didn't post this yesterday in my challenge theme because I had plenty of cards that were stamped, and these only have the sentiment stamped on them. Not only that, but I figured I should put all the calendar cards into their own posts so they're easier to find later.

These cards all came from one calendar called "Butterflies". Again, I got it for $0.30 on clearance at Michaels, and I used my black graduation cards (so these are big and beautiful). I didn't use all the images, since they're not all conducive to cutting up like this.



Here are a few that don't have a sentiment, simply because there wasn't a good place to put one. I thought they looked nice enough without the sentiment.



I got four of these monarch cards, since the cover had the same image on it. I think it was my favorite of the images, so that was fine with me! You can also see how I got two images out of one sheet, whenever possible. And in case you didn't notice, I tried to cut off the middle section of the butterfly whenever possible. These are extremely close-up pictures of butterflies, and the fuzzy bug-looking middles made me want to scream and drop the card. (I know, I'm phobic about bugs!) :)



I cut the images to 4-3/4" x 6-3/4" and then cut the mats to 5x7". The cards themselves are 5-1/2" x 8", so these are sized generously.



The sentiment came from a new-to-me Inkadinkado clear stamp set that I got on clearance at Michaels. It's called Garden Flower, and I'm glad I got it, even if it was just for the sentiments!

And just in case you're like me and wonder how I got such a vibrant black for the sentiments, my friend gave me the best tip: emboss in black embossing powder. It works every time and looks great!

3 comments:

angie said...

You make so many beautiful cards! Do you use all of them or give bundles of cards as gifts?

Christa said...

Angie,

I do both. :) These are likely to be bundled up for a gift, though.

Kristen Bieber said...

The black background with the bright color cards is so beautiful!

 
;