Saturday, February 13, 2010

Last-Minute Valentine Centerpiece

On the outside chance that anyone is needing a last-minute valentine centerpiece idea, I thought I'd share what I whipped up today. You see, I need to take a homemade centerpiece to our conference Ministerial. Several of our ladies do ladies' meetings and marriage retreats, so I thought I'd showcase something that would work for those type of events. This would work equally well for a romantic dinner for two.



To give you an idea how big it is, it is cut from an 8x12" piece of paper. Each panel is 3x4". I made mine rather elaborate-looking because I was having fun, but it doesn't have to be elaborate to be stunning. When you turn the lights out and light the battery-operated tealight inside, this is what you see:



You don't see a lot of the frillies. But I really like the overall effect, with lights and without. One thing you don't see in the picture is the heart I Versamarked onto the middle of the vellum panels. You can see it faintly in real life. It was just the effect I was going for. :)

This idea is certainly not original with me. You can find the tutorial I followed here. I just changed mine to make four panels instead of two, since I wanted my centerpiece to be pretty from both sides of the table.

And in case you're wondering about supplies, here's my supply list:

Paper (Fiskars); stamp (PSX); long fancy Cuttlebug die (don't remember the name); fleur de lis border punch (EK Success); pink pearl dimensional paint; Versamark, black and clear embossing powders.

If you make one, I'd love to see yours. There are some lovely ones at Splitcoaststampers, too!
 
;