Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Challenge You Wednesday: Small Cuttlebug Embossing Folders

The challenge this week was to use those small Cuttlebug embossing folders that everyone has and nobody seems to know what to do with. :) I've used them a few times before, but I pulled them out and tried to come up with something different this time. Unfortunately, my time was a little more limited this week, so I only came up with three cards. But I will link to the other cards I've done with these in the past, just to keep the links together.

First up is this square black card:



It's hard to see because it's hard to get pictures of black cards, but the middle black panel is embossed with the CB Fleur De Lis embossing folder that my friend got me for Christmas. I accented it with iridescent Stickles. I used the MS PATP 3-Dot punch on the outside lacy square, as well as the inside smaller square. Then, on the inside, I used the small embossing folder, Versamarked the raised portions, then embossed it with iridescent embossing powder. This card is 5" square so that I can create a custom envelope with my scoring board and a regular 8.5x11" sheet of paper.



I used the same small embossing folder on the middle strip here. I inked the raised portion with Chocolate Chip ink, then added rhinestones custom-colored with my BIC markers. It's hard to see, but I used my EK Success fleur de lis punch in a coordinating color along the edge of that embossed strip. The background paper is from a huge stack I got at Tuesday Morning, and the sentiment is from a clear Inkadinkado set (Garden something) that I recently purchased.

This card is one of the cheap graduation cards, so it's pretty big (5-1/2" x 8" or so).

I saved my favorite for last. Believe it or not, it was actually the first card I made.



I used my kids' small Cuttlebug embossing folders that I never thought I'd use. After I embossed them, I inked the raised parts with a red inkpad. Those were mounted onto red cardstock. I love this double-sided satin ribbon, and I love the big bow. I added a heart charm to hang from it and added small pink pearls (from pink pearl dimensional paint). The rhinestones are from Michaels. I got a bunch of them after Christmas for $0.20 a pack. There are also teeny, tiny rhinestones on the main lips portion (which is popped up on dimensionals). They are recycled from clothing that was going into the rag bag.

Now that you've seen these, I've previously made some cards using Becca's circular embossing technique here (with the nitty gritty details here). There are also some in my Splitcoaststampers gallery that I couldn't find again on my blog, so I'll just give you the links: here, here, here, here, and here.

And now you can visit my friend's blog to see what she has done with these small embossing folders this week.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Pretty, Pretty! I love the glitter on the black one -- makes it "pop."
It never occurred to me to use the band idea over patterned paper -- great idea!
Love how you did the red one...the bow, the charm -- so pretty!
Love all the rhinestones and dew drops you added too -- really pretty effect!
AND -- those previously done cards on splitcoast are just too BEAUTIFUL!

 
;