Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A few of my favorite things ...

It's been awhile since I've posted links to some of my favorite projects. I've had a few things going on that have created a little "lull" in my cardmaking, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to share a few other people's wonderful creations and/or ideas.
  • Patti shared a neat twist on the notebook cover made with file folders on her blog here.
  • She also shared a free how-to for a cute 3-drawer valentine box that could be adapted for any occasion here.
  • And lastly (for Patti), she shared a free how-to for party favors that remind me of those "crackers" some people have at Christmas or New Years. (I think it's a British tradition, but I'm not sure.) You can find her instructions here.
  • Just in case you haven't heard of the new blog that tracks down all the free digital stamps, you can find it here. I highly recommend following that blog!
  • I'm pretty sure I featured some make-your-own buttons (from cardstock) at some point on my blog. But you really, really need to see what lcoughlin came up with here. I never thought to stamp on those homemade buttons, but it's gorgeous!
  • And I'm probably the last person to hear about rag quilt bags, but just in case you haven't heard the latest rage (that's actually pretty cute), you can read about it here and even see a video about how to assemble it all. Most ladies are using their Stampin Up scallop square die in their Big Shot because it can cut something like 8 layers at a time, but if you don't have that die, you can just use pinking shears to get the same effect. I really want to try one of these, but I don't have that die, a Big Shot, or pinking shears. If I happen to get pinking shears, you can believe I'm going to try this! :)
So I hope you've enjoyed a little peek into what's been inspiring me lately. These are all things that I have sitting in an idea file for the next time I get bored. (Bored? Yeah, right!) :)

0 comments:

 
;