Thursday, February 11, 2010

Calendar Cards: Antique

Last year, Becca from AmazingPaperGrace posted about using old calendars to make beautiful cards. Well, I saw that Michaels had their cheap calendars on clearance for $0.30 each last week, so I grabbed a bunch to try my hand at it. (I bought about 10, so I'll be posting more of these as I finish them!)

These are a different type of image, so they don't look a lot like Becca's. Hers are a lot prettier, but I still like mine quite a bit.

I got four large cards out of one calendar page. This calendar was called "Collections".



I used my cheap graduation cards as the base for these, and kept the design simple. I used a Creative Memories Precious Elements silver pen at the top and bottom of the calendar cutout and then stamped my Stampin Up sentiment in Versamark and embossed with silver embossing powder. I wanted an antique feel, and I got it!

If you remember, the inside of these cards has a frame for a picture. I didn't want or need the frame, so I covered it with a sentiment from Elegant Word Art by Bethany:



I printed these onto the insert sheets that came with the cards. They originally had an invitation printed on the one side, but this side was blank. So I trimmed them down, punched the corners with my Martha Stewart PATP corner punch and printed the sentiment from my computer.

I really like how these turned out, and I may just bundled them up for my grandmother since she's stuck inside all winter and can't get out to buy cards.

3 comments:

angie said...

beautiful. I didn't see any calendars like these at Michael's, only horses and dogs and such.

Esther Asbury said...

What a neat idea! I have loads of calendars that I thought to use on altered notebooks or something, but I never thought of cutting them up like you did! I'll have to try that sometime.

Christa said...

Angie,

I looked through three crates of calendars at my store and they must have had 20+ of this particular calendar. I had to force myself not to buy them all. :) I did see quite a few horses and dogs, but they're not quite as easy to make cards out of, so I left them.

 
;