Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Challenge You Wednesday: Butterflies

If you remember, my friend and I are getting together via our blogs every Wednesday to share our creations along a particular theme. It was my turn to pick the challenge this week, and I chose butterflies. My inspiration for this theme was the packet of butterflies I had stamped, cut and colored -- and then stuck in a little zippered bag until I got a good idea for them.

Other than creating the butterflies, I created all of these cards in one day (my personal "day off"). I was a creating machine that day! :)

So here are my creations for this week ...



Supplies: stamps (Garden Delight butterfly and Garden Flower sentiment by Inkadinkado); paper (Paper Reflections; ATD Serendipity); Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder; Nestabilities Labels 8; MS eyelet lace PATP border punch; butterfly colored with BIC Mark-Its and highlighted with Stickles glitter.

I was inspired by this card on Splitcoaststampers by atsamom.



This second card is exactly like the first, just with a different color butterfly and stamped sentiment.



Supplies: stamps (Garden Delight butterfly by Inkadinkado, sentiment by Studio G); paper (ATD Serendipity, Paper Reflections, Miss Elizabeth); Cuttlebug Textiles embossing folder; image colored with BIC Mark-Its and highlighted with Stickles glitter.

I was inspired by this card on Splitcoaststampers by pinefeather.



Supplies: stamps (Garden Delight butterfly by Inkadinkado, Garden Flower sentiment by Inkadinkado, Flourishes v2 by Rhonna Farrer for Autumn Leaves); paper (Miss Elizabeth, Paper Reflections); Veramark ink; clear and black embossing powders; image colored with BIC Mark-Its and highlighted with Stickles glitter.

I was inspired by these cards on Splitcoaststampers by Freshn'Sassy. Obviously my inspiration went a totally different direction, but those were my "jumping off" point.

I'm having so much fun with my flourish stamps! I wish I had used them sooner. I did all the flourishes on this card with one flourish stamp. I just turned it different ways to make it intertwine with itself.



This card is basically the same design as the card above, with the following differences: MS PATP 3-dot border punch; paper (Paper Reflections, Provo Craft).



Supplies: stamps (Garden Delight butterfly by Inkadinkado, free digital sentiment by Elegant Word Art by Bethany); paper (Paper Reflections, ATD Serendipity); MS PATP 3-dot corner punch; dew drops and silk flowers; image colored with BIC Mark-Its and highlighted with Stickles glitter.

I love this card, and I'm not much of an orange person. The card base is one of my cheap graduation cards.

I was inspired by this card on Splitcoaststampers by mytime (who I think is Lauren Meader).

I liked the results so well that I did a second one similar to it:



Supplies: stamp (Garden Delight butterfly by Inkadinkado); paper (recycled ME book, Paper Reflections); MS PATP 3-hole corner punch; homemade hot glue pearls and silk flowers; image colored with BIC Mark-Its and highlighted with Stickles glitter.

I think this just might end up as a Mother's Day card this year, since the wording on the recycled page is all about mothers.

If I had to pick, I'd say the last two are my favorite, but it's hard to pick because I really like them all. It's refreshing when an all-day session yields so many cards that I actually like! :)

That's all for me today. Now go check out my friend's blog to see what she came up with! As always, feel free to play along and post a link to your creations in the comments. And as always, feel free to simply browse, if you'd rather! ;)

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

As usual you did it again -- such beautiful cards! I love those butterflies --- colored so pretty!
I think my favorite one is the 5th one down! Love the colors and that flourish! So pretty!
Really like the idea of the butterfly in the center of the flower too --- pretty, pretty!
Amazing creations --- all ready for spring!

Esther Asbury said...

BTW - I like your take on the splitcoast cards better!

Anonymous said...

Your butterfly cards are just gorgeous! They would make such a lovely card to send some lucky person!
~Pam

 
;