Thursday, January 22, 2009

Teacup cards from a popcorn box

Here's another recycling project, totally inspired by the box itself! We finished a box of microwave popcorn last week, and I decided to keep the box to experiment with chipboard/cardboard in my new Cuttlebug. As I was tearing the box apart, I noticed how much the flaps looked like the shape of a soup bowl or tea cup. And here's the result:

I embossed the cardboard with D'vine Swirls and then used a marker to highlight the swirls. Then I cut the handle using my Flowers Cuttlebug die. The flowers were made with scraps and my Marvy punches, the lace is a Martha Stewart border punch, and the sentiment is Studio G ($1 clear acrylics). And here are the other variations I played around with:


I was experimenting with chalking since I haven't done much of it to this point.

I made another purple one, but I accidentally deleted it and I can't get it back into this post, thanks to the wacky way I have to load photos in Picasa. (There probably is a way, but I haven't gotten that far in my "trial and error" method of blogging yet.)

Anyway, I hope these inspired you, even just a little bit. They would be easy to make out of any paper you might have sitting around!

2 comments:

Susan said...

How cute! I have the same border punch (given to me by a friend) and stamp set. I just listed a card in my Etsy shop this morning with that same sentiment stamped on it. Our "dollar" bins at Michaels are $1.50 here, but that's still not a bad price. I have 4 or 5 sets of those, and I love 'em!

Off to look at my popcorn box! LOL

Merry Hearts Ministries said...

These are beautiful! You do awesome work!

 
;