Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Old Sears catalog cards

I finally cut into those reproduction Sears catalog images, and here are the first two cards I made with them. (I cut a few more images last night, so I might get to play some more with them this week.)

This first one was inspired by a card I saw on Splitcoaststampers. The original idea had a gold embossed butterfly and black stamped flower over text, and I really liked the effect. I can't put my finger on the exact card at the moment, but I'll link to it if I happen to find it. ETA: Here is the card!

This background paper (text) was what was leftover after I cut the paint can for the second card, so I thought I'd use it rather than tossing it in the trash. Then I put just the bottom part of my card through my D'vine Swirls embossing folder to create the edge for the card, then I added glittery brown ribbon and the vellum quote matted on gold paper. I liked how this one turned out.

This was actually the first one I did. Sorry about the picture being so dark! I cut the paint can from the catalog and mounted it onto cutout cardboard (the back of a macaroni box) that I aged with inks. I cut the corners from the Vintage square die and the same macaroni box, then cut that in half and aged them with black ink to create the corners. I know what you're thinking - anyone who thinks an old paint can is a "treasure" is a little odd, right? Well, I liked the look of the sentiment and figured I could send it to a man that I "treasure" for a birthday card. :)

I liked how these cards came out! Now, if only I can say the same about the rest of the cards I make with these images ...

1 comments:

Cindy Loven said...

I love your cards Sophie...I love SCS..I havent stamped much in a month or so...
Hi I am Cindy...also a PW and a stamper, and I write book reviews....so I think we have several things in common it is nice to 'meet' you

 
;