Saturday, January 24, 2009

Children's homemade valentines

My kids wanted to make something the other day, and they wanted it to include my Cuttlebug. They think I "play" with my Cuttlebug like they play with their toys. I guess maybe I do! :) Anyway, they enjoy watching and helping crank the handle, so I decided we could do a few valentines to give out.

If you happen to see this entry and then receive one, please act surprised. :) There will be a little surprise on the other side of it ...



I made them the size of an ATC (the size of a playing card) and then created small envelopes for them. We used the postage stamp die and Love stamp embossing folder that came with my Cuttlebug for the envelope embellishment (on the left).

For the actual card, we used Marvy daisy punches to make the flowers, stamped a tiny heart in the middle, and then added red glitter glue (from the $1 store) to fill the heart.

The lace is from my new Martha Stewart lace punch, and the stamp is a Studio G clear acrylic. I almost forgot to add that we also outlined the heart in the sentiment with red glitter glue. I thought they were pretty cute.

2 comments:

Susan in SC said...

Very cute! I know they will be loved by the lucky folks who get them!

Susan said...

Very sweet! Love the envelope - I have a thing for cute little envies!

 
;