Thursday, January 29, 2009

Folders for Ministerial are finished!

If you remember from last year, I made some folders with mini legal pads to hand out at Ministerial. We didn't get to go last year, so I had the chance to make more of them to hand out, since we usually have a big crowd. (I made them because I've noticed several ladies forget pens and paper to take notes.)



This first one was inspired by the layout of this card. The papers and such aren't really my style, but I know several ladies like this style.



This one was very loosely inspired by this card. The butterfly is a dollar store stamp. I stamped him onto the back of glittered vellum and then cut him out. He's my favorite part of this whole design! :)



And this last one was my own creation. I used rectangular paper doilies from the dollar store. They were just a bit too big, so I cut them in the middle, lined them up properly, and glued them back together to the correct size. Then I chalked the outside lacy edges. The flowers were made with my Marvy punches with cast-off buttons as centers. The sentiment is from the "Girlfriends" collection by Susan Branch.

Believe it or not, I think the last one is my favorite. It also happens to be the first one I made this round. :)

5 comments:

Susan said...

Very nice! I know your friends will enjoy them.

Unknown said...

Hello,
I have been reading your posts and can tell you like getting a good deal on things. I didn't know if you knew about a website that I know you would love. It's freecycle.org It an online community and you sign up based on what area you live in, and then everyone in the community can post Offer, Wanted or Taken posts. But the best thing is that everything has to be free. For example, if you needed craft supplies, then you would post a Wanted post. Everyone in the community will receive it and then whoever has craft supplies they are no longer using will email you and then you can go and pick up the craft stuff. And then there are about 50 posts everyday of Offers, were people who are cleaning out there house can post anything they no longer need and you reply to their post and then you can pick up their stuff. It's just like a goodwill, except everything is free. I just wanted to let you know, because I had read about it in Good Housekeeping Magazine and have been a part of it for the past year and it is awesome!

Anonymous said...

How thoughtful! They are all very pretty.

simple~needs said...

great job! those are really pretty. :)

Christa said...

Rachel,

Yes, we belong to Freecycle here, too. I guess I've never mentioned it, have I? :) I don't think I've gotten anything from the list yet, but I've gotten rid of a few things, and I always have my eyes out for things we'll use.

If there's a list for your area, I highly recommend joining! Thanks for reminding me! :)

 
;